Sunday, January 2, 2011

Threadhead

I've recently become addicted to embroidery.  I never thought it could happen to me and now that I've tried it I'm hooked.

My gateway drug was collecting vintage kitchenware whilst renovating my kitchen over the past year.  It started with a set of gorgeous dish towels I purchased from a dealer for CHEAP (that's how they get you coming back for more).  Then I found a package of Aunt Martha's iron on transfers while out getting my thrift hunting fix.  I filed the package away not really knowing what I was going to do with it.

I found myself going straight to the linen section at the thrift stores, looking for more embroidered pieces for my collection.   After months of searching and feeling disappointed I decided to take matters into my own hands.  Now,  I can't put the needle down.

I finished this pillow last week using an Aunt Martha transfer.



No comments:

Post a Comment