Sunday, February 13, 2011

Momentarily Distracted

I WAS going to start work on that Arabian genie/magic lamp piece but I became inspired with a new project that I started drawing up a few days ago.   I drew up a bunch of guys and gals for my guitar strap.  But which artists should accessorize it?  WAY too many to choose from but I picked these.  I might add Johnny Cash and  probably Chuck Berry (since I already have that pattern made up).

I must say, I love drawing black people.  It's much easier to find their features to accentuate.  Eric Clapton, on the other hand, was so difficult.  I still need to refine and simplify his drawing as well as Janis's so that it's easier to embroider.  Thankfully I'll be putting their names by each one so people will at least be able to go "Oh yeah, that does kinda look a bit like so-and-so." And not "Who in the hell is that supposed to be?"



No comments:

Post a Comment